Quality damper felt

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:07:57 -0700

the "Tokiwa" grand damper felt set is quite excellent, and is a very close
match for myYamaha G1, which I am in the process of rebuilding. I do NOT
like the "strips" as much, at least not the flats, as they are not
"center-stiched". Pre-cut and tapered is the way to go, IMHO.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Mike McCoy <mjmccoy@usa.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Quality damper felt
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:30:04 -0400

Hi Folks,

What damper felt do you folks like for rebuilding? I'm always heard Renner
and Yamaha are the best out there but has anyone tried the stuff Pianotek
sells? They sell a Tokiwa grand damper felt set, Japanese felt strips and
European felt sets. A local tech asked for help with grand dampers he was
trying to replace piecemeal in the home and the bi and trichord felt he and
I had was no better than the 60 year old stuff he was replacing, bad
profiles and too fuzzy.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike McCoy RPT