Downbearing - Setting with a loose board

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:53:02 -0400

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Nope. My question was how to temporarily secure a =
loose soundboard to the rim so that any downbearing work would be =
accurate!

The question was: "specifically, what methods of clamping the soundboard =
to the rim are used by those who plane their bridges for appropriate =
downbearing prior to gluing the soundboard to the rim."

Terry Farrell

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 10:02 PM
  Subject: Re: Downbearing - Setting with a loose board

  Terry,
  Hmmm? It sounds to me like your question should have been: "How do you =
set the "Plate Elevation" with a loose board?" Right? Setting Elavation =
and Downbearing are two separate things, IMO. What I responded to was =
the "downbearing", which can be set all kinds of ways, AFTER the proper =
plate elevation has been determined. Especially with a new board.
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I