Downbearing - Setting with a loose board

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:22:23 +0100

This point has bothered me a bit in my first tentative excusions into
this world. Just what degree of soundboard deflection is <<optimal>> as
it were for a given panel and rib assembly ?  Does one simply calculate
what the soundboard can tolerate... or does one have some (other)
independant criteria for achieving optimal acoustical response ?

RicB