The answer from Yamaha

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:23:11 -0700

<For instance, the
last time I bought Röslau wire from Schaff, it measured close to the US
wire size, not the metric gage marked.
Don Mannino>

That must've been a long time back, because German Roslau Piano wire
currently sold in the US is NOT Metric, and is "marked" In American Standard
gauge.  It's been that way for a while now.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Ilvedson &lt;ilvey@sbcglobal.net&gt;
To: &lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;
Subject: Re: The answer from Yamaha
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:45:06 -0700

no...

David I.

----- Original message ----------------------------------------&gt;
From: Don Mannino &lt;donmannino@comcast.net&gt;
To: Pianotech &lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;

&gt;The wire size list is attached.

&gt;One of the problems is that metric wire, when sold in the US, is often
&gt;marked with the closest equivalent US wire gage size.  For instance, the
&gt;last time I bought Röslau wire from Schaff, it measured close to the US
&gt;wire size, not the metric gage marked.  So if you get #15 Röslau wire
and
&gt;measure it, it will be most likely be .0354&quot; - or Metric 15 1/2
gage.

&gt;Confusing, no?

&gt;Don Mannino