Epoxy on soundboards

michael campi campimichael@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:58:36 +0000

My two cents,
First thanks to everyone who answered my computer questions. I have used a
product that is put out by a company called The Rot Doctor it is a clear
penetrating epoxy sealer mixed one to one and it is about the consistancy of
slightly thin syrup when you are done it pours on, has a long set up time
brushes out nicely and then virtually levels itself there is no sanding
necessary after. I use two coats and according to the rep apply my topcoat
when the second coat is still tacky the topcoat will then bind with the
sealer. This stuff was designed for use in the boat industry and as an
experiment I poured some on a piece of glass and when dry it is very much
like a thin piece of wood. It seems to work and does not require much estra
effort.
For the person who asked i live in Upland California The Beer Belly of
America about 45 miles east of LA.
Michael