Re-ribbing an olde board

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:27:50 +0100

Interesting point Joe.

This one I havent heard before, and I suppose it would need checking out
to see exactly how much of a concern it is <<in theory>> for a rib
crowned board. That said, we do know that guys are out there using 100 +
year old wood for this purpose... and doing so successfully. We do know
that there are very old wood instruments of many sorts out there
functioning just great.  Some of these are highly valued for their
distint and beautiful sound.

But... on the lighter side.... grin...   a soundboard made of petrified
wood...  now there is a thought.

Cheers
RicB