Rebuilding vs. Buying

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:16:34 -0700

Don Rose said: "When the cost of the rebuild exceeds fair market value =
for the instrument,
unless there is sentimental value."

Don,
I have found that this just does not apply, as most people who have a =
piano Rebuilt, have no intention of reselling it. The only time this =
would apply, IMO, is in an Estate situation. And, the rebuilder would be =
remiss to not advise the client of Musical Value vs. Market Value, =
IMHO.<G>
The "sentimental value" was what I was alluding to, in my previous post, =
on this subject.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I