How we hear to David Andersen OT

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:05:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conrad Hoffsommer" <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: How we hear to David Andersen OT

> At 21:39 10/27/2004, you wrote:
> >Kerry made his decision on the Iraq war based on false
> >information, and then regretted it. Does that impugn
> >HIM, or the liars that deceived him ?
> >      Thump
> >
> >There is also a German saying: There is no sense in
> >continuing to walk down a  road, if it is the wrong
> >road.
> >

> >And a  Biblical one: "Pride cometh before a fall."
> >

> Thumpster,
>
> I had an interesting conversation with a Democrat campaign worker last
week
> who was trying to get out the vote.  It turned out to be someone I've
known
> for more than 20 years, so we had a very informal, light-hearted, long
> comversation.
>
> All the "talking points" were mentioned, but the thing which she seemed to
> come back to was "he's not Bush". To me, that seems to be the overriding
> theme of many others who support Kerry and seems a lot like a "none of the
> above" choice on a multiple choice test.
>
> I reminded her that I'm not Bush, either. Why doesn't she vote for me?
>
> As a Navy Vietnam veteran (sound familiar?), I look at Kerry's current
> "support of the military" and shudder.  We've all heard the record of his
> almost simultaneous votes for and against the war and against funding the
> troops. This kind of support is not appreciated by the troops, believe
> me.  I also disagree that somebody's comments before the US Senate in
April
> 1971 were a little "over the top".  Even his friend Hanoi Jane apologised
> for her remarks.  He stands by them, even though he admits to actions
which
> qualify HIM as a war criminal.   I could tell you many things which
changed
> between my return in '70 and my return in '72, none of which showed any
> "support for the troops".
>
> I kept _my_ medals. NONE of my Navy buddies would EVER salute him, nor
would I.

I've tried to keep quiet.  This is all so theatrical.

One comment please.  Kerry thinks Bush will start a draft.  Not so, but
Kerry will have to.  Gotta replace all the resignations from the military,
you know.  Who would want to serve his kind of commander -in-chief?

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.