PTG web information: was RE: The day's frustration

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:14:04 -0800

I think this is all much ado about nothing.  It's an informational
website and a non-profit organization.  Using it without crediting the
source may be tantamount to plagiarism, but I don't think anyone is
likely to be sued over it, nor are there any royalties involved in the
material.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:44 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: The day's frustration

Hi list . .

With respect to the copyright rules, since you are a PTG member, and
supposedly the PTG wants to HELP its members, why not ask for ask
permission . . .As long as you are not
- passing something off as your own . . . or
- profiting from the copyrighted work without paying royalties . . .
The owner, in this case, PTG , would be , or should be inclined to grant
permission.

If not, then one wonders why bother to partake of the organization . .

Jim Kinnear
Collingwood.
"A man is about as big as the things that make him angry." -- Winston
Churchill