Taking the written/chapters/was: Reconditioning

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:50:26 -0700

At 08:12 PM 4/3/2005, Guy Nichols <nicho@zianet.com>

>Richard,
>    Cy is correct, and I'll add that you should go to the PTG web site and
> download the written practice exercises. (if you haven't already)

There are no "practice exercises" on the PTG website, Guy. If you are
referring to the Chicago Chapter self-evaluation questions in the Members'
Area, they were originally mis-identified as practice questions for the
written exam, but this has been corrected. The current description reads: "
A Self-Evaluation for new members designed to provide a knowledge base for
further study. In Acrobat .pdf format with answer sheet. "

While it is a good idea to go through these questions (and answers), for
your own personal development as a technician, they have no relation to the
PTG written exam. They differ in content, orientation, format, structure,
degree of difficulty and are not in any way representative of what you will
face on the PTG written exam. Some of these  questions are much more
complex and difficult than PTG exam questions, and they cover a much
broader variety of  topics than the PTG exam.

Richard, for a better idea of what's on the test, check the Study Guide in
the Members' Area. It gives you a very good idea of what's on the current
written exam, but it doesn't provide "practice questions" - only samples.

Israel Stein