kawai warranty question

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:45:39 -0500

Tom:

=20

I don't think 10 years is too short a time for key bushings on a
moderate to heavy use piano.  I assume that in addition to teaching the
customer also practices on it.  Bushings and pedal timing are kind of
routine maintenance like lubrication on your car. =20

=20

As to warranty, I doubt that bushings are covered but ask Kawai.  If you
think there is something that should be covered, just call Nick Gravagna
(sp) or Don Mannino at Kawai and ask.  They both have been around and
talked to both highly experienced and new technicians and can get to the
bottom of any issue quickly.  From my experience, the tech-reps from
'most all of the companies are pretty reasonable people and won't make
you feel badly for your lack of long term experience.  They will become
part of your learning curve.  Give them a call.

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt