Oorebeeks Punch'ns

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:07:34 -0700

I am reminded of a discussion about rib crowned and supported
soundboards...

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of William R. Monroe
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 6:39 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Oorebeeks Punch'ns

Gordon,

did you read Stephen Birkett's post, where he observes let-off not
occuring
before the key bottoms out, due to flexion in the system?  Good, Glad of
it.

I am saddened by all the posts trying to discredit Andre.  Just because
we
don't understand it, doesn't make it less valid.  Instead of working so
hard
to disprove something with our cynicism, Why not work equally hard to
"show"
why it works.  Thanks, Dr. Birkett, for your efforts at understanding
this
phenomenon.

Do you naysayers really think Andre is a bullshitter?  Start paying
attention.  Start working to improve things.  I feel like some of you
are
like the Steinways - "we're already perfect, so why try and improve?"
Sorry
for the rant, but I think Andre deserves a little more respect from
some.

Thanks for your work Andre.

Respectfully,
William R. Monroe