April Journal

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:08:51 -0500

Understand your point. But having seen both up close and heard the M&H =
in
concert, if this is "looking backwards" I say forward to the rear!
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Porritt, David
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:04 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: April Journal

Did anybody else notice in the NAMM review in this months Journal that =
there
were new pianos from the European and Asian manufacturers yet the =
=93new=94
offerings from the American manufactures were reintroductions of old =
pianos
from the last century.  I=92m sure the Mason & Hamlin CC94 and the =
Steinway A
are nice instruments, but have all the piano scale designers all moved =
away?
Why is everyone else looking forward and we=92re (in the U.S.) just =
looking
backwards?  I=92m really mystified here.

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt, RPT