A4-D3 12th

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:40:44 -0500

You're a sick, sick man, Alan.
=20
I LIKE it!
=20
And what, exactly, do you call 12 dozen slithering maggots? That would
definitely be gross.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Alan Forsyth
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:21 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: A4-D3 12th

Well, at the risk of divulging centuries old trade secrets and being =
banned
from the list, here goes;
=20
Step 1; Tune A4 to A440 fork.
=20
Step 2 ; consider that tuning D3 to A4 is rather stretching it a bit as =
far
as our digital compass is concerned.
=20
Step 3; carefully take note that there must be a link between perfect =
12ths
tuning, and the mathematical fact that equal temperament is based on the
12th root of 2.
=20
Step 4; remember that there are 12 signs of the zodiac and 12 months in =
year and at the end of year you get the 12 days of Christmas . By the =
way
there are 12 in a dozen.
=20
Step 5; Run your fingers up the keyboard chromatically and you will soon
discover that there are 12 semitones in an octave.
=20
Step 6;  is half way to Step 12 ........ which reads; examine in minute
detail the date of the original posting by one R Brekne.
=20
=20
AF
=20
P.S. I don't actually tune with a P12 within my temperament, but I use
P12ths outside of it. I will however send my sequence when I am in the =
mood
for more serious writing.=20

=20

--=20