Old Splice was ... Bass String Matching

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:34:55 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Thomas Cole
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:14 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Old Splice was ... Bass String Matching

Alan,

Try making a tuner's knot with a piece of rope, making sure you tie it =
just
like us tuners do it, and then try to pull it apart. Let me know what =
you
discover.

Playfully,
Tom Cole

Alan wrote:

...=20
If making a dependable knot with different thicknesses of wire is a =
problem,
make a sheet bend instead of the square knot.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Ready, Willing, and Able to be Wrong in Salem, MO