keytops

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro@verizon.net
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:25:44 -0400

Mpianotex,
    Is there any way you can post a picture of these keys?
Mike Morvan
   =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MPianotex@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:24 AM
  Subject: keytops

   =20
  I have a Currier spinet that a client wants new keytops to be =
installed. Upon removing the keys, I found that the old keytops were a =
sandwich type of plastic wrapped around a thin key. If I put the regular =
replacement keytops on then the sides of the key would be too thin to =
fit the keytop.=20
  Has anyone come across this? The old keys were really the white =
plastic that was attached to the thin wooden key by a crinkling of the =
plastic on the inside part.
  Any help would be appreciated.
  Mpianotex@aol.com