The "Jolly Loop" was RE: Andres punchings

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:46:01 -0700

I did try a set of Arledge strings with the "Jolly Loop".  S&S model O.
While the piano also had a new soundboard with a modified bass bridge
which shortened the cantilever and extended the backscale a bit, not to
mention recalculated bass scale (thank you Del Fandrich), the bass
quality on this instrument was exceptional.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Roger Jolly
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:17 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Andres punchings

You tried those strings yet Dale????????? ;-)

Roger

At 09:06 AM 4/7/2005, you wrote:

In a message dated 4/6/2005 7:20:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Erwinspiano writes:
Hi Andre
  Hey the punchings are remarkable. I proved it again on a Mason AA I
just went thru. I redesigned the board with a modest bass cut off & fish
in the treble. My first experiment in that realm. We had done the action
first and we had the green punching in there. Having worked with the
tone , tuning and reg which was quite good I had a very definite opinion
about the sound which was great  but when I changed the punchings the
sound just  went into another realm. It's uncanny. WOW..
  I have a dozen sets of the ususal dark green stuff  I'm going to send
back!
 Also I like roger ideas about a wurzen let-off punching. What say ye
   Regards.
  Dale
   BTW Setting aftertouch is  so precise. What a dream