The "Jolly Loop" was RE: Andres punchings

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:10:22 -0400

I spoke with Mr. Arledge once at the convention in Chicago and asked him
about scale designs. He mentioned that he changed bass scales on everything
he made. I asked if I did my own scale and sent it to him , would he
replicate my design or change it? He indicated that he would probably
change it if he saw the need to. This is all paraphrased from a poor memory
but that is what I remember. I have not tried his strings being rather
happy with Mapes who follows what I send them quite faithfully. I wonder if
Del's recalculated scale was actually produced or not.

Greg Newell

At 10:46 PM 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>I did try a set of Arledge strings with the “Jolly Loop”.  S&S model
>O.  While the piano also had a new soundboard with a modified bass bridge
>which shortened the cantilever and extended the backscale a bit, not to
>mention recalculated bass scale (thank you Del Fandrich), the bass quality
>on this instrument was exceptional.
>

>David Love
>davidlovepianos@comcast.net

Greg Newell