The "Jolly Loop" was RE: Andres punchings

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:24:19 -0600

At 09:10 PM 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>I spoke with Mr. Arledge once at the convention in Chicago and asked him
>about scale designs. He mentioned that he changed bass scales on
>everything he made. I asked if I did my own scale and sent it to him ,
>would he replicate my design or change it? He indicated that he would
>probably change it if he saw the need to. This is all paraphrased from a
>poor memory but that is what I remember. I have not tried his strings
>being rather happy with Mapes who follows what I send them quite
>faithfully. I wonder if Del's recalculated scale was actually produced or not.
>
>Greg Newell

Hi Greg,
                    I have found James to be very cooperative giving me
what I need.   He will question what I am doing.  He was fantastic in
developing the modified German loops.   We now have the knot so controlled,
we can move the windings very close to the termination points if needed.

He will not make bad strings period.

The photo sent in a previous post was on a Kawai KG2 that I redesigned the
bass.   Piano sounded like a 6ft plus piano when done.

Regards Roger