Maximiliaan's House of Grand Pianos?

Sat, 9 Apr 2005 12:11:12 +0100

Hello Dave Stahl & List
Yes, I have come across this feature of strings without action. I think =
it is to increase the quality of the top note (85 in this case) It is =
rather akin to the top two or three dampers being trimmed so only two =
strings are damped. I have one of these Ed. Seillers in a school in =
really desparate condition. Another thing about it is the damper levers =
are all wood. Regulation is through the TWO flange screws which enable =
the damper head to be rocked either to the L or to the R.
Regards
Michael G.(UK) must go out and cut the grass now....
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 4:50 AM
  Subject: Maximiliaan's House of Grand Pianos?

  I tuned a really interesting piano today.  It is a Seiler upright, =
circa 1898.  The case is quite beautiful, made of burled =
something-or-other in the furniture style of that period, very caringly =
refinished.  It has new hammers(Abels just like the new Seilers), =
dampers(again, just like its later brothers), strings, pins, pinblock, =
and the ivories are impeccably restored.  Pin torque is even throughout, =
3 coils per pin, becket in each row placed in almost identical position.

  It also has a PianoDisc system in it. =20

  The piano has 85 keys.  An unusual feature is that it has strings for =
A# 7, but there is no hammer nor key, nor a place for either in  the =
action or keyboard.  Why???

  There is a sticker inside the piano that says "Maximiliaan's House of =
Grand Pianos, New York."  Is this seller still in existence?  =20

  Just curious,

  Dave Stahl