Maximiliaan's House of Grand Pianos?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:22:12 -0500

Dave,

Wild guess upon arising on a Saturday...

At 22:50 4/8/2005, you wrote:
>I tuned a really interesting piano today.  It is a Seiler upright, circa
>1898.  .
>
>The piano has 85 keys.  An unusual feature is that it has strings for A#
>7, but there is no hammer nor key, nor a place for either in  the action
>or keyboard.  Why???

It is an attempt to deal with end-of-the-scale/bridge impedence problems.

My foggy braincell at first also thought about it being a transposer, but
that would require extras at every break unless it was a barless piano.

Caffeine, where's my caffeine??

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.