Arledge bass strings.

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:19:12 EDT

remoody@midstatesd.net writes:

I just  got a set of bass strings I ordered from James Arledge.  I wanted  the
tensions of the new strings but he said they were way under the  breaking
point of the of the core wire so I said go ahead and make them to  your
computations. I must say his method of shipping is the best I have  seen.
Imagine my surprise when I came home to find a four foot long 1-1/4"  pvc
pipe from UPS.  Inside were my bass strings.  The only  complaint I have is
he used thin walled so I can't cut it up and use it for  piano rollers. The
weight of the piano squashes them.  Oh well,----I  am not asking for a
shipping rate increase but no way were those strings  going to be damaged in
as long as he ships them this way. What was  it?  6.99 shipping and
handling??

Ric,

Yeah, I thought the shipping method was great.  I got a set of  monocords
awhile back, and now I have this cool PVC tube to do something(?)  with. If I
could fit it in my car, it would be a great place to store my  universals.

Unlikely to see any shipping damage on THOSE strings.  Thumbs up on  the
shipping method, and for the strings too.

Dave Stahl