PVC-E glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:03:39 -0500

The times I've tried not clamping, I've been sorry. It doesn't take
much to hold them down, and back against the front if you're using
the combination top/front top, but it's a real pain after the glue
has dried to find the gaps where the top or front has crept away
from the key. Bummer.

Longevity is at least thirty years that I know of. The glue doesn't
degrade noticeably over time, so I'd expect the keytops to still be
there and firmly attached when our grandchildren's grandchildren go
to a museum and see what a piano used to look like. While they're
there, they can marvel at the beautiful tone, the soundboard that's
still perfect after all these years, and how like a violin it is.

Ron N