look at eBay for a good laugh

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:53:36 EDT

List

Entitled LOVELY BALDWIN SELF TUNING PIANO, (Item number: 7313688832)  this=20
item is presently for sale in eBay.   No one has bid on it yet!   I think so=
me=20
of my clients must have this same model, because they call me once and then=20=
I=20
don't hear from them again for 5 years or more.

Below is the description of the item, taken from the eBay listing itself.

Tom Sivak
Chicago Chapter PTG Associate

****************************************************************************=
**

This lovely Baldwin acrosonic piano has been in my family for 25 years. We=20
bought it new. It somehow self-adjusts so that the notes remain in tune rela=
tive=20
to each other, but compared to the same note on an electronic keyboard, or=20
pitch fork, it will probably be off. It could use a professional tuning afte=
r 25=20
years. We never tuned it!! Even after moving with me from Chicago (large=20
temperature & humidity fluctuations) and sitting in a (climate-controlled) s=
torage=20
facility for two years, it's it tune!=A0

** A piano technician has informed me that there is no such thing as a=20
"self-tuning" piano.=A0 I, however, stand by my convictions that THIS piano=20=
has=20
remained in tune=A0(one note in relation to the next) for the time that we'v=
e owned=20
it.=A0 If a buyer is expecting to tune a piano once or twice a year ($80-150=
 each=20
time), they will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of maintenance required=
=20
for this particular piano.=A0 I cannot vouch for other owners of=20
Acrosonic=A0models.=A0***