SOMEONE GO! was RE: look at eBay for a good laugh

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:23:52 -0500

Re: The self-tuning Acrosonics
=20
I sent the eBay lady an eMail. This is my eMessage and what she eSent =
back.
=20
"I'm sorry, but you are either seriously missinformed or trying to fool
someone, either way you are misrepresenting your piano. It may be =
keeping
people from bidding. If that piano hasn't been tuned in 25 years, it is
hideosly, horribly, revoltingly out of tune. There is no such thing as a
self tuning piano. You may like how it sounds (?) but it is NOT in tune.
Actually, Acrosonics do have a reputation for holding their tune well =
and in
California, which doesn't experience the wide humidity swings of the =
South
or Midwest, you can probably get by with one tuning a year. But NO piano
sounds good after 25 years. I'm a professional piano technician and =
member
of the Piano Technicians Guild. Your ad is all "achatter" on our tech
website. We think it's pretty funny, actually. Thought you'd like to =
know.
Alan Barnard"

>>> You are welcome to meet me to try it out for yourself. We bought the
piano in Chicago (wide temp. & humidity fluctuations) and moved out here
with it 3 years ago. I am telling you the truth. It may not match the =
pitch
on an electronic keyboard, but from one note to the next, it is in tune! =
Do
re me, etc. I was at the storage facility not 2 months ago & I played =
it! I
would love to prove it to you! Are you near San Diego?

Someone out there pleeeeaaaase go see this miracle piano and report back =
us.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO