strange wrest pin holes in Plate

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:07:26 -0400

  Subject: strange wrest pin holes in Plate

  Hello List
  Some years ago I came across a very strange, but effective, way of =
ensuring the wrest pins stay tight. The hole in the Plate was not bushed =
- indeed it was not round! It was tapered! The effect of this was that =
the wrest pin was pulled, by string tension, into the wedge shaped hole =
and remained for ever tight. How about that then?
  Regards from a darkening Sussex Downland
  Michael G.(UK)
     =20
  Michael,
      In the New World we had a piano made by Wegman with that =
principal.
      An old timer,(As I guess I'm getting to be) told me years ago   =
"It  has egglong holes in the plate "
      Tom Driscoll