strange wrest pin holes in Plate

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:15:51 +0100

Hello Tom and List
I really like that term: "egglong" Conjures up the very essence of that =
hole!=20
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: tom driscoll=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:07 PM
  Subject: Re: strange wrest pin holes in Plate

    Subject: strange wrest pin holes in Plate

    Hello List
    Some years ago I came across a very strange, but effective, way of =
ensuring the wrest pins stay tight. The hole in the Plate was not bushed =
- indeed it was not round! It was tapered! The effect of this was that =
the wrest pin was pulled, by string tension, into the wedge shaped hole =
and remained for ever tight. How about that then?
    Regards from a darkening Sussex Downland
    Michael G.(UK)
       =20
    Michael,
        In the New World we had a piano made by Wegman with that =
principal.
        An old timer,(As I guess I'm getting to be) told me years ago   =
"It  has egglong holes in the plate "
        Tom Driscoll