Harpsichords on TV and the Pope

JBairdRPT@cs.com JBairdRPT@cs.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:12:20 EDT

Hi List,

I maintain that this is marginally on topic. It appeared on the harpsichord
list.

John Baird

*******************************
...the next snippet of news was a thing about the
Germans begin all worried about the new Pope being too conservative.
Nice thing about all this sort of news is it gets one's heart rate 'up
there' with less physical exertion.  The camera then cuts to a video of
the new Pope ( a german i think) doing what!!!? ....... NOT  praying on
is knees like a Pope should be doing,  but playing a HARPSICHORD!  and
I'm glad to report  that it was a Neupert or Sperrhake.  A nice blonde
wood.  Very simple.  very catholic.  It shows that the Germans have
NOTHING to worry about.  How bad can this guy be?

The New York TImes says he is a pianist, and loves Mozart. But thanks
for telling me about the harpsichord -- I have a job interview at a
Catholic Church this afternoon, I shall flaunt that fact. Anyone have
any more information? Do you suppose he'll do somthing about the
Sistine Chapel Choir (whose inability at the funeral last week to
match the pitches of the organ was excruciating)?