Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:19:51 -0500

MessageI'd advise against, Alan.  Take a little more time to think about =
it.  It's too long.  If you feel you really need to send a note, make it =
as short as possible (and I mean short!).  Explaining your concern and =
fees is enough (that is, *your* fees--and don't talk about the other =
service people, tuners or tooners or what you might charge in the =
future). =20

If at all possible, I find it best to explain the situation and fees to =
the person who is around (or call the person in charge) before doing the =
work--no matter how many times I've serviced the piano.  It just works =
out better that way.

Bummer situation, but another lesson learned! =20

Good luck,

Barbara Richmond

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:28 PM
  Subject: Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

  Had to happen sooner or later. Visit people who don't play much, tune =
annual. He's nice. She was okay in past. She not home. Sit at piano. 20+ =
cents flat after period of high humidity around here. Tell him it needs =
pitch correction. Work on piano for 2 1/2 hours. She's now home, comes =
in as I'm trying to take a little Story & Clarke wine out of the =
unisons. Scowl. "We have places to go today! How much longer is this =
going to take?" Oh, says I, I'm just finishing up. "How much."  Well it =
needed pitch correction, you see, blah blah blah, so it's $140 today.=20

  snip