False advertising, was: Re: Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:39:23 -0500

Dave, Dave, et al,

At 01:25 4/22/2005, you wrote:
>I'd call the home office and let our attorney send him a letter...
>
>David Ilvedson

I think the home office monitors this list, don't they?

>Kwang Jen
>Professional Piano Tuner
>Piano Technician's Guild Member
>510-438-0116 tel-fax
>
>I include all of this information because I was wondering if there is a
>way to cross-reference members by phone number, in case he uses another name.
>
>After I was done with the job, I looked him up in the directory.  Nada.
>
>I seriously doubt that anyone who is in any way associated with the PTG
>would do the shoddy work that I witnessed today.  So I'm inclined to call
>Kwang, or better yet, get ahold of the Better Business Bureau and discuss
>this matter with them.
>
>Comments, suggestions, etc., would be appreciated.
>
>Dave Stahl

Dave S' discovery nothwithstanding,  I _will_ say that not all shoddy work
can be immediately attributable to the previous PTSO (piano tuner shaped
object).  Yesterday, I met a 5'2" 1927 Haines Bros with the most ornate
case (scrollwork/turned iron colonnade legs, lyre and music rack), which
had several transposed hammershanks in the treble including one which
didn't have the wood portions anywhere close to touching inside of the
brass tube splint.

I didn't leave my card.  ;-}

The folks know me anyway, since I've been tuning pianos in their school
district for over 20 years. (They're both music teachers.) He recently took
a position in another district, and now I'm doing _it_, too.
:-}}

More info Re: tooner

I found the following when I googled Kwang Jen's phone number.
http://www.gy.com/usa/510/438/0116/

A single page website showing a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge (have
they moved it to Fremont, recently?)

and...

Contact US

Phone: (510) 438-0116
Fax:
5511 Curtis St.
Fremont, CA 94538
<mailto:>Email:
<http://www.gy.com/usa/510/438/0116/index.htm>Web:

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.