MH Screw Stringers

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:13:42 -0700

David Love asked: "Anyone out there ever restrung a screw stringer?  =
What's involved in
terms of time and any particular problems (knot tying).  Also, where can
you get a tuning wrench for those if the original one is missing or,
alternatively, what else can be used to tune them."

David,
I've had to replace a few strings on those beasts! Not a fun job TSTL! =
However, if you were restringing an entire piano, I suspect you would =
become fairly proficient by the time you got to A1!!!<G>
As for the tuning apparatus, I had two made for me, (using an original =
as a template.) I'd be happy to loan it to you, so you can have a =
machinist take a good portion of your retirement fund and make you =
one.<G>
Best Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police