refinishing frustrations

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:44:31 -0400

Phil,
         Thanks for the reply! What I wouldn't give for someone to show me
the ropes. Even more if I could get someone to do it for me! ;-) can you
tell I'm a bit frustrated at this point.
         My guess I that the prep for black is quite different than for
natural finish despite your friends declarations to the contrary. Of
course, I could be dead wrong. What is the acetone doing for you? Is that
removing or evening any color? Stripper and then acetone and that's it? I
don't quite see how that would help get an even color but perhaps I'm
missing something. Isn't the acetone harder to work with? Seems like it
would be more dangerous to your lungs.

best,
Greg