Wurliter puzzler

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:05:34 -0400

John and list.
    Could this be a model with the brass rails mortised into the sides =
of the fallboard?
    If so look at the ends of the fallboard and you will see two screws =
on each side. remove them and slide the fallboard out toward you.
    Then the cheek block screws should  be visible.
    I'm not sure that this is your configuration,but its worth a look.
    Tom Driscoll
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Gilmore=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:34 PM
  Subject: Wurliter puzzler

  Hello everyone -

  =20

  My name is John Gilmore and I'm a piano tech in Portland, OR.  I've =
got a puzzle on my hands that I hope someone can help me with.

  =20

  Recently, I was called to service a short 1930's Wurlitzer grand.  I =
needed to pull the action, so I removed the key slip, which was attached =
with four screws.  Then I tried to remove the blocks and fall board - =
but could not find how they were attached to the piano.  No screws from =
underneath the blocks or on the diagonal at the bass and treble ends.  =
The fallboard hinges are only party visible, so I could see no screws =
there to take out so as to remove the fall first.  I removed the small =
rubber buttons from the tops of the blocks in hopes of finding screws =
under them - nothing.  First time in 15 years that this kind of thing =
has happened!

  =20

  Does anyone out there have an idea?  Any input would be much =
appreciated.

  =20

  Thanks!

  =20