Bridge Pin Angle

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:01:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>You can go out and measure this and find plenty instances.  And all of
>them are clearly in conflict with the idea that the only thing that is
>happening is that the bridge surface is crushing and then retreating.
>
>Baffling it may be. But it happens, and not unfrequently.  Why would
>strings in the upper drawing case need seating ?? Because they climbed the
>pins ??... grin.. yup.
>
>Cheers
>RicB

Two comments:

1.  Your drawings don't show with sufficient fidelity on my screen that I
can tell what's going on.

2.  Your reasoning defies my version of logic, so I'm not sure that further
discussion is going to be fruitful.

So at this point I think the most useful expenditure of my time, with
regard to this subject, is going to be to go out with my feeler gage and
see what I see.  If there are plenty of instances, as you say, then it
shouldn't take me long to find some.

Cheers,

Phil F