Bridge pin angle

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:36:16 -0500

> Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying.  I thought you were talking
> about the bridge pin getting loose because of the cap compression at the
> pin as the cap tried to rise relative to the pin with a humidity
> change.  This is what my question was referring to.
>
> Phil F

Ok, got it. It's Friday, and I'm easily confused at the end of the
week. I'll try to come up with another excuse for Monday. I've
wondered about this myself. For now, I think the pin angle is a
significant factor in it's getting loose with repeated humidity
swings, so I'd expect the vertical pin to at least not get as loose
as fast as an angled pin. Whether it will ever get loose enough to
be a tonal problem, I don't know. I don't service anything with
vertical pins, so I don't have any experience with their cumulative
pathology.

Ron N