Bridge pin angle

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:04:42 -0400

Don -
I don't think the resolution of the pictures is fine enough to be able to
make a judgement, at least as they appear to me.  Also, it's not clear
which direction is front and which rear, however I'm guessing that the top
picture is showing the sounding length.  #1 has a definite disparity
between pin contact and bridge edge.  #2 is much better.  It's hard to
decipher side bearing or pin angle, so I guess, unlike Ron, I do see some
possible causes of tonal problems.

Regards,
David Skolnik