Missing Ivories

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:59:01 -0600

Hi Jim...

With the number of damaged ivory Matthew described we could run out of =
ivory in a hurry. I also have an assortment of scavenged ivory. However, =
when the numbers get large, and the customer just 'likes' them because =
they are ivory, it is best to advise the economic factors involved. They =
just may change their mind. Plastic "ivories' are a substitute, and not =
so poor, considering all of the parameters. Save the ivory for the =
Pianos that you deem deserving of the time and labor that you must =
expend at the owners expense. I am 'preaching to the choir' at this =
point, so let's do what we have to do.
This list has helped me immeasurably, and I only hope that I can repay =
in kind!
I'd also be interested in pricing of a single ivory,as well as =
multiples.

Hubert Liverman
Tuner/tech
Opelika, AL

Most of us, I would think, travel with a baggie of assorted ivories. =
Since they are all different colours, thicknesses, lengths and widths, I =
carry about a hundred, that I have scavenged from old keys I've =
recovered over the years . . .
  Usually there is something that matches.

  The plastic 'ivories' that are available,  are a poor substitute in my =
opinion.

  I'd be interested in what others charge to replace an ivory ??
  =

  Jim Kinnear
  www.kinnearpiano.com
  Collingwood, ON, Canada

  The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but =
progress
   -- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher
  A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,=20
  but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

    ----- Original Message -----=20