Wrist Support

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:56:29

Hi André,

A hammer with the head made of dense rubber. Have a look here:

http://www.diynet.com/diy/hi_tools/article/0,2037,DIY_13936_2886211,00.html

(scroll down the page)

I guess if I were still a "pounder" I'd use a "dead blow" mallet head, but
I've learned my lesson about what that does to truely "fine" tuning.

At 11:15 PM 02/02/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>What is a mallet head?
>>Hi Andre,
>>
>>Back when I was a "parts fly out of the piano" tuner I made a banger out of
>>an 8 ounce (600 grams) rubber mallet head.

>>Don Rose

>ANDRÉ OOREBEEK

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/