Open Face Pinblock Building

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:55:10 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_009F_01C50961.1A054D80
FWIW, my latest creation:

I am in the process of remanufacturing a Knabe 6' 4" grand. It has an =
open pinblock configuration. I've made a few of my own quarter-sawn =
hard-maple pinblocks, but Ron Nossaman (thank you) turned me on to the =
idea of using a relatively inexpensive Pianotek multi-lam hard maple =
pinblock (rotary sawn) and capping it with Delignit. One can either use =
Delignit pinblock material or their bridge-capping material (thinner =
laminations). I have capped this multi-lam pinblock with a 5 mm cap of =
Delignit bridge-capping material (laminations 2 through 6). The top =
lamination (1 mm max) is a veneer of Jatoba - a South American hardwood =
that has a hardness approximately twice that of hard maple. It doesn't =
show well in the picture, but it is very pretty wood and looks like a =
cross between rosewood and mahogany.

Terry Farrell

P.S. Operators are standing by for your order!   ;-)
------=_NextPart_001_009F_01C50961.1A054D80
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_009F_01C50961.1A054D80--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...