Open Face Pinblock Building

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:17:43 -0800 (PST)

That's really gorgeous work, Terry! As I was tuning my
open-faced Everett this weekend I marvelled at how
many open faced blocks are smoother, more uniform, and
still tighter than their contemporaneous covered
brethren. Why? Betterwood? Better woodworking?
Seasoning ? The fact they were varnished ???
     I wondered if the fact that covered blocks became
the fashion encouraged manufacturers to think that
they could get away with making them more cheaply ?
Can you state specifically what made these great old
blocks tick?

     Thump