[spam] Re: Missing Ivories

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:40:05 -0600

   I will send a few.

  Hubert Liverman

  matthew
  I have a pile, as do most . . if you'd like to provide your address, I =
could maill you a handful . . .  though they'd be coming from Canada . . =
 maybe some of the guys in the US could send you a few ..  if folks put =
a few in an envelope, you'd have a stock in no time !

  Jim Kinnear
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Matthew Todd=20
    To: Pianotech=20
    Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 12:14 PM
    Subject: [spam] Re: Missing Ivories

    Well, since I am just starting out, I do not have one single ivory =
keytop or head.  Do I just need to wait until my first keytop =
replacement where the clients keytops are ivory, and then salvage them?

    Matthew

    Jim Kinnear <jim@pianoguy.com> wrote:
      Hi Matthew . .=20

      Most of us, I would think, travel with a baggie of assorted =
ivories. Since they are all different colours, thicknesses, lengths and =
widths, I carry about a hundred, that I have scavenged from old keys =
I've recovered over the years . . .
      Usually there is something that matches.

      The plastic 'ivories' that are available,  are a poor substitute =
in my opinion.

      I'd be interested in what others charge to replace an ivory ??
      =

      Jim Kinnear
      www.kinnearpiano.com
      Collingwood, ON, Canada

      The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but =
progress
       -- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher
      A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,=20
      but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

        ----- Original Message -----=20