Yamaha CF value?

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:43:59 EST

Hi Diane
  Many depends on type things here. Currently I think  you'd be doing well to
get 20 K It's hard to sell 9 ft's. The work will be more  "depends on" but
could be 5 to 10 K with moving. How's the case finish. That's  another story! I
work on 2 of these & one is better than the other. Both  Have Ivory & the bass
strings are dying as well. One had many center pin  problems in the entire
action including the damper system.
  Dale

We have a customer who wants to sell his Yamaha CF dating from about  1977.
To be a really fine concert piano, it will need new action parts,  regulation
and restringing.  (The pins are fine, but the bass strings  have lost tone
and there is something spilled on some of the treble strings,  making them
somewhat rusty in places.)
Any suggestions about it's current value and what it would take to do the
work?
Thanks for any help,
Diane

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com