one out of ????

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 05:30:09 -0500

This reminds me of a related situation I ran into one night. I had an =
evening (dark out) service call scheduled at 123 W. Fate St., but being =
unfamiliar with the area, pulled up at 123 E. Fate St. Knocked on the =
door, young daughter-type answers the door "Hello, I'm Terry Farrell to =
service your piano". She responded "Oh, okay, come on in - the piano is =
right over here". So I sit down and start opening up the piano, etc. =
After a few minutes the parental units appear and ask what the $#&% I'm =
doing. You know the rest of the story at that house (they settled down =
after they, and I, realized I should have been two blocks over).

So I go over to 123 W. Fate St. and spend a couple hours wrenching on =
some old POS that hadn't been tuned in decades for some $#&% young =
male-type. He pays with a check. I deposit the check a couple days later =
and it bounces. He disappears from the face of the earth.

That still is the only bad check I have ever received in this business.

So Terry, I guess your stumble turned out a bit better than mine!

Terry Farrell

> What a WEIRD quirk of luck! I was making my nightly calls to schedule=20
> tunings when I got a wrong number; I dialed correctly but apparently =
wrote=20
> down the wrong numer. Anyway, a lady answered and told me that I had =
the=20
> wrong number, and indeed I did. She asked me who I was and what was =
the=20
> "nature" of my call. I told her I was calling a client to confirm a =
tuning=20
> appointment for tomorrow.
>=20
> Long story short, she said that she had a piano and could i come to =
tune it.=20
> I said yes, and I booked it for the following week! This is basically=20
> tantamount to picking a name out of the phone book, at random, and =
getting a=20
> piano owner who just happens to need a tuning. Now for the real =
STRANGE=20