Not what I signed up for

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:56:55 -0600

That puzzles me.  2:1 is to me a very narrow setting although I have a
friend that uses that all the time.  I'm suspicious of the IH readings.
Many Baldwin spinets and even worse, the consoles, have some really
weird readings around C5.  That can mess up the calculations higher up.
How stretched was say, C7 & C8 on that tuning?

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 9:34 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Not what I signed up for

=20

dporritt@mail.smu.edu writes:

	Just out of curiosity and as an avid TuneLab Pocket user, what
kind of stretch were you using for that Accrosonic tuning? =20

6:3 octaves in the bass and 2:1 in the treble...oops, 4:1 in the treble
would been the better option.  I thought I had my default settings set
correctly....:-(  I was a bit rattled by his manner, and didn't pay as
much attention to what I was doing as I should have.  I don't often use
Tunelab to tune the whole piano.  It's usually just to get pitch or
occasionally to help me set the temperament.

=20

Maybe I should go back and retune it...only if the guy doesn't stand
over my shoulder, though....(-:

=20

Everyone, thanks for the input and comiseration.

=20

Humbly,

=20

Dave S.=20