Wrist Support

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:38:49 -0500

I use the third and fourth fingers of my left hand together to strike a
note while tuning.
This reduces the strain had only one digit been used and gives me tactile
control of the tone.

Twenty-five plus years of tuning aurally also gave me a sore thumb joint
from incessant octave pounding.
This malady was removed with the use of an ETD since I no longer needed to
'play' an octave to tune
but only to verify. Here again, my 3rd & 4th finger combo are used to
strike the note, then test octave.

Not only has the condition of my thumb joint improved but my ears are no
longer bombarded by the
db noise of two notes repeatedly sounding together.  Less stress overall.

Perhaps the only physical ailment present is tendonitis caused by the
repetitive motion of tuning while
my arm was in a 90 degree position. I tune standing up now to keep my arm
straight.

GO Pats...

Best Regards,

Jon Page