finger pain

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:53:26 -0500

Thanks Dave,
I suppose that I would consider my self a =93puller=94 on the way up and
occasionally =93tap=94 on the way down, but most of the time I =
=93rock=94 down.
Does that make sense?
=20
I will look into the semi-ball type.
=20
Thanks again.
=20
      Brian P. Doepke
      A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 3:57 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: finger pain
=20
doepkeb@comcast.net writes:
I tune with my right hand in the lever and recently have developed a
pain in the middle joint of my middle finger on that hand.  Has anyone
else had a similar situation and can share what they did to correct the
situation?
Brian,
=20
You might want to try a different type of handle on your lever.  Do you
use a straight lever or a ball type?  Are you a tapper or a puller? =20
=20
I got occasional pain at the base of my middle finger with my old,
traditional style hammer.  After it broke, I switched to a semi-ball
type, and I've had no problem since. =20
=20
Dave Stahl