Schimmel regulation problem

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:35:12 +0100

>/Hey folks -
/>/
/>/I posted a question a couple of days ago about a Schimmel grand that I'm
/>/having trouble with - one person replied w/ some contact info for
/>/Schimmel, and I've emailed them but not received a reply yet - while I'm
/>/waiting, does anybody on here have any ideas? I can re-post the question
/>/if anybody missed it. Help!!
/>/--
/>/Scott A. Helms, RPT

/Hi Scott. Been off for a few days so I couldnt get to this before now. Your bore length
of 43 sounds a little suspect.. might be a good idea to check string heigth and hammer center height to
be sure.

A quick fix is to do something with the letoff buttons themselves. Probably the easiest thing you can do
without getting to into redesigning things. If you have thick letoff button cushions, then replace with
thinner ones. Otherwise you only need to take off 2-3 mm of letoff button wood to get them to screw
higher up.

Contacting Schimmel directly is a good idea, especially since Kjell was kind enough to give you their
address. Perhaps they have a patent solution for the problem.

Cheers
RicB