laminated soundboards

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:57:12 +0100

Hi Folks

A quick check of the archives reveals that the Reno instrument
did employ a laminated soundboard.  So there you have it.  I
stand corrected.. I have indeed heard 1 piano with a laminated
soundboard that had very nice sound qualities.

I remember we had a fairly extensive discussion a while back on
the subject.  Seem to remember as now most of us were not so
skeptical to the idea itself as we were to the implementations
that had been sold on the market up to that point, Rippen pianos
and Knight pianos being some of the examples presented.

Cheers
RicB