Peculiar wonders of the piano craft.....

Mike Bratcher MBratPianos@indy.rr.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 23:11:04 -0500

How about S &S 1098's with the pressure bar size cut in half to allow your
fingers to push down your felt mutes.

Or, Wurlitzers with enough room behind the strings to also ease in getting
felt mutes to stay in.

Or a new capstan that can be raised or lowered with just one turn, or some
kind of ratchet.

Or a small piano with a decent scale.

Or, here's one for the tool side, a needle voicer that can penetrate solid
rock.

Or, a vapor proof sound board.  Or, better yet, a composite sound board.
Better tone and stability.

Balsa wood actions (to make the whole thing lighter)

Rust proof unbreakable strings.

A new idea for stickers in spinets to allow for action removal.  This
includes a retrofit for current spinets.

Upright plates that don't have a perimeter flange that gets in the way of
tuning hammers with shorter heads.

Tuning pins with a torque adjustment screw.

I have about a million more, but it's late.

Mike Bratcher