Square Grand Tuning

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:01:45 -0800

So tell me Joe, when was the last time you came across a square=
 at A440.

David I.

PS...there is no proper technique for tuning a square...you do=
 what you have to do.

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Square Grand Tuning

David I said: "Bring an oblong tip,you might need it........"
Good Advice.<G> Better advice: make sure you have a "Y" head with=
 opposing oblong tips! Tuning with one oblong tip is an exercise=
 in frustration and is definately an invitation to problems.
 and tune it where it's at."
BAD ADVICE! (what if it's sharp of 440 and hanging on by a=
 structural "thread"? Hmmmm?

"I have removed the dampers in the past for access and strip=
 muted."
Bad advice. Not the proper technique!
"Have fun..."
Good Advice, but not really possible.<G>

"....hope your charging double."
This should be the standard, but by a neophyte? Hmmmm?
One last thing: Bring your stinging stock with you!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I